IN THIS MONTH'S WEB EDITION:
Kisluk, Mitchell Named First PAJ Foundation Scholarship Winners
CUBAN CONNECTION. Poland’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Witold Waszczykowski travelled to Cuba, the first Polish official to visit that socialist country in thirty years.
TRAINING AT BORDER. More than 800 troops from Russia, Belarus, and Serbia
are training near Polish and Ukrainian borders as part of the “Slavic Fraternity 2017” exercise.
GAS SHIPMENT FROM UNITED STATES SIGNALS CHANGE. A shipment carrying
Poland’s first ever liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the United States was received at the Świnoujście LNG terminal in northwestern Poland.
The rate of unemployment in Poland dropped to 7.5 percent in May, a 26-year low for that month, reported the Family, Labor and Social Policy Ministry.
CR CEASES PUBLICATION. The Cosmopolitan Review has published it
last edition. The internet journal focused on issues of social, cultural and historical interest by English-speaking writers for English-speaking readers throughout the worldwide Polish diaspora.
Preserving Our Remaining Parishes. As
painful as it may be, the European model — a concerted effort of parishioners, diocese, city planners, and investors — is the best way to save what remains.
Remembering Yastrzemski and “The Impossible Dream”
My Sister’s Mother: A Memoir of War, Exile, and Stalin’s Siberia by Donna Solecka Urbikas
IN THIS MONTH’S PRINT EDITION
- A Triathlon Is Easy Next to Soviets and Polio
- “The Boy Who Wanted Wings” Wins IPPY Book Award
- Washington PAC Expresses Concern over Orchard Lake Seminary
- An Interview with Polish Consul General Maciej Golubiewski , Part II
- Msgr. Machalski Leaves Legacy at Orchard Lake Schools
- Wojtek Memorial to be Erected
- Our Mother of Consolation, Mt. Carmel
- PMA’s Successful Summer Gala
- May, The Month of the Woman
- Polish Dictionary App Now Available on Apple, Google, and Windows Stores
- WNYPAC Establishes Anti-Defamation Committee
- Poland’s Jews: Under a New Roof
- Fresh Polish-style Salads
- The “Captain” Remembers
- Rescue From Prison
- Healing the Sick, 1943, and Horrors from the Famine
- A Visit to Poland Brings a Fresh Perspective
- Happy Fourth of July!
Gamers w Polsce (Gamers in Poland)
- Honoring a Hero on her 90th
- The Polish American Society of Charleston
- How DNA can help your Genealogy
- Coal, Trains, and My Polish Grandfather in Bloomington
- Why our immigrant ancestors should be in history books
- August Malczewski Remembered
- Zbigniew Brzezinski,Former National Security Advisor, Passes
- Witold “Alex” Herbst, Fighter Pilot of the Legendary Squadron 303
- Convention Focuses on the Next Generation of Polka Musicians
- Kliszak to be Inducted into World Concertina Hall of Fame
- Badinov’s “Manifesto” Released
- “This is is Now Your Home”
- and more!