IN THIS MONTH'S WEB EDITION:
The world’s first composite transplant of neck organs was carried out by a Polish team led by Prof.
Adam Maciejewski of the Institute of Oncology in Gliwice.
An international conference was
held in Gdańsk as Poland marked 70 years since Nazi Germany’s surrender in World War II. Noted historians, including Norman Davies and Timothy Snyder, were among those taking
part in the two-day event, which is entitled “The Legacy of World War II Reconsidered After 70 Years,” and hosted at the European Solidarity Center.
The Israeli Parliament, the
Knesset, held a special session in tribute to Władysław Bartoszewski, May 4, as Poland laid to rest one of the most important figures of its political and social life of the
last seven decades.
A Polish shipped rescued sinking African
refugees, whose rubber boat had capsized in the Mediterranean. Most of those rescued were from Ethiopia.
U.S. game and toy maker Mattel apologized
to the Polish government over the inclusion in one of its party games of a reference to “Nazi Poland.”
Portrait of Patriotism: With Help from Polish American Vet, Fallen Heroes Project to Honor
Polish Allied Sacrifices
Many Reasons to Visit
your Ancestral Homeland
Unposted Letters: Correspondence,
Diaries, Drawings, Documents 1940-1942
by Franciszka Thermerson and Stefan Themerson
Armies of the Russo-Polish War 1919-21
by Nigel Thomas Ph.D.
IN THIS MONTH’S PRINT EDITION
Anniversary Present to you: We’re Giving Away 104 Free Digital Subscriptions
- Taps for Katyn’s Martyrs
- Duda Unexpectedly Beats Komorowski
- Putin Defends Secret Protocol
- Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Two Legendary Sausage Shops Close Doors
- PAAA to Present “Wianki in Washington” at Lincoln Memorial
- 15th Annual Katyn Remembrance in Baltimore
- Katyn Scholar Decorated by Poland
- Dr. Grażyna J. Kozaczka On the Future of the Polish American Historical
- Supreme Court Stops ObamaCare Coverage Mandate
- Our Essence Reaffirmed
- Coach “K” Mike Krzyzewski: Grand Marshal, “I love Poland
and you should too!”
- Festival Time Starts this Month
- Polmedia Has Become the Home to the Mother Lode of Polish Pottery
- Have You Made Your Plans for St. John’s Eve?
- Washington Wizards’ Marcin Gortat is One Proud Pole
- Polonian Warm-Weather Fun
- Polonian Places St. Stanislaus Kostka School in Winona, Minnesota
- Diary of Boy Soldier Takes Honors in Two Categories
- Various types of Heraldic Devices (Coats of Arms)
- Words and Phrases Every PolAm Should Know
- PGSA 2015 Conference
- Pawlowski Announces Run for U.S. Senate
- Rule in the War Zone
- Visa Waiver Summit at Polish Embassy
- Polish Cultural Center Capital Campaign
- Polka Band Leaders Host Tours to Poland
- Bay City Says Goodbye to Pulaski Hall
- Friends Gather to Honor Trzepacz’s Upcoming Hall of Fame Induction
- and more!