IN THIS MONTH'S WEB EDITION:
RUSSIA MIGHT RETURN PLANE WRECKAGE.
A media report suggests authorities in Moscow might be ready to return the wreckage of a Polish presidential plane that crashed in western Russia in 2010, but only if Warsaw ends an ongoing probe into the disaster.
BLOOD-SPORT ENDANGERS STORKS.
The killing of white storks in the Middle East is a cause of concern for Poland, as many of the storks flying from Central Europe are shot while wintering in Syria and Lebanon.
VOLUNTEERS LEAVE FOR CENTRAL AFRICA. The fourth Polish medical mission to Cameroon left Krakow on a
two-week charity mission to Sangmelima in southern Cameroon.
SUNDAY SHOPPING TO BE LIMITED.
Bowing to the Solidarity union’s long-standing campaign to give retail employees more time for their families, Poland’s parliament recently passed a bill to gradually phase out Sunday shopping in large retail stores, supermarkets and malls.
Act Now, Before It is Too Late
IN THIS MONTH’S PRINT EDITION
- Morawiecki Heads Polish government
- Centennial Celebrations Begin
- Lt. Gen. Edward L. Rowny Dies at 100
- Distinguished Guests Attend St. John Cantius Fraternal Aid Society Anniversary Gala
- Tom Hanks Receives Polish Fiat 126p Minicar
- Act Now, Before It is Too Late
- 99th Anniversary of Polish Independence Day
- Paderewski and Pilsudski Feted
- Prayer in the Public Square on the Steps of the Illinois State Capitol Building
- Roy and Melia Win Annual Szopka Competition
- A Family’s Plan that Falls Apart then Succeeds
- New Book on CD Chronicles the Horrors of Life in Post-World War II Poland
- All Souls Jazz Festival at Chopin Theatre
- Pittsburgh pair to discuss Operation Vistula
- Kosciuszko Foundation Scholarship Deadline Nears
- What’s Ahead for in 2018
- Daemen College Creates a “Center for Polish Studies”
- New Year’s Traditions
- The treats of Polish Karnawał (Mardi Gras)
- The Polish Drama Club Restaurateur Relies on Family Tradition
- A Labor of Love and Sharing
- Netflix’s First Polish-Language Series
- Poland Hopes New Year will Bring Sports Success
- Poremski Closes One Chapter of His Life
- Government In Transition
- Surviving Summer and Winter
- Searching the Shoe Boxes for Your Family History
- On the Great List
- Discover the Meaning of Your Polish Name
- Philanthropist Merrill Dead at 98
- Florida’s Oldest Polish National Parish
- Tireless Promoter Val Bakowski Pulls Off Another Success
- Matt Wasielewski, Pittsburgh DJ, IJ, Distributor, and Bandleader Passes
- 10 Questions with John Gora
- Museum Salutes Vets, Bids Adieu to Ambassador Winid
- and more!